For PDF Versions of this commitment please click your preferred language: English, Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Vietnamese.
This Service Commitment defines the standards you can expect on trains, buses and public ferries.
In NSW, more than one million trips are made on these services each weekday.
Our member organisations will continue to work together to provide cost effective and convenient journeys for customers.
- In consultation with our communities, we will plan and deliver transport services to meet the current and future needs of our suburbs, towns and cities.
- Through listening to our passengers we will continually improve services for the benefit of all.
- We will consult customers in relation to major initiatives such as the Transitways and the upgrade of transport interchanges.
Whatever your reason for travelling, you can rely on public transport to get you to and from your destination.
Our ongoing targets are:
- 92% of suburban peak hour trains to run within 5 minutes;
- 92% of intercity peak hour trains to run within 6 minutes;
- 95% of buses and public ferries to commence services within 5 minutes;
- 78% of CountryLink trains to run within 10 minutes.
You are entitled to feel safe when waiting for or using public transport.
- Security cameras are used on metropolitan buses and new CityRail trains.
- CityRail has 600 Transit Officers who regularly patrol trains and stations.
- We are placing security cameras and help points on all Sydney wharves and CityRail stations.
- Customer service staff travel on all CountryLink trains.
You are entitled to clean and comfortable transport.
- All trains, buses and ferries are cleaned daily to make your trip a pleasant experience.
- Most new route service buses will be air conditioned.
- We are introducing Outer Suburban carriages for CityRail and have upgraded many stations.
- The maintenance and upgrading of the CityRail fleet and facilities will continue.
You are entitled to professional, courteous treatment at all times from our staff.
- We are continually improving our customer service.
- Our staff are trained to understand and assist customer needs.
If you have a disability, or travel with small children, continuous improvements are designed for your needs.
To assist a range of customers with reduced mobility the following public transport services are wheelchair accessible:
- All new stations and trains;
- 60 CityRail stations currently;
- 25 per cent of buses within 5 years;
- All ferries;
- Half of Sydney's wharves. Newcastle wharves will soon be made wheelchair accessible;
- All CountryLink Xplorer trains.
When choosing the best public transport options, you can expect accurate information.
- Timetables, routes, and fares for train, bus and ferry services are available on the Transport Info website www.131500.com.au or by telephoning 131 500.
- For CountryLink services go to www.countrylink.info or telephone 132 232.
- Train stations, public ferry wharves and major bus stops display current timetables.
The transport organisations subscribing to this Customer Commitment are:
PO Box K349 Haymarket NSW 1238
Includes CityRail and CountryLink, offering passenger rail services for NSW.
PO Box 2557 Strawberry Hills 2010
Includes Sydney Buses, Newcastle Buses & Ferries and Western Sydney Buses.
PO Box R1799 Royal Exchange NSW 1225
Locked Bag 13 North Parramatta NSW 1750
Representing the private bus industry across NSW.
Rail Infrastructure Corporation
Locked Bag A4090 Sydney South NSW 1235
Provides a safe, reliable, effective and efficient rail track network.
Transport for NSW
GPO Box 1620 Sydney NSW 2001
The main transport policy and planning agency.
Each transport agency has a detailed customer service commitment which is consistent with this Customer Commitment.
You can obtain copies at the above addresses.
We welcome your comments.
Your feedback helps us improve the whole transport system.
- Provide feedback forms on the Transport Info website
- Provide customer service staff at Transport Info (telephone 131 500) to receive, record and answer your feedback 24 hours a day every day.
- Provide for automated service changes, trackwork and transport to events.
- Address customer complaints made by phone within 5 days.
- Respond to written correspondence within 21 days.
- Analyse feedback to help with planning improvements.
Phone: 131 500
TTY: 1800 637 500