Receive transport updates through apps, social media, text messages and the transport call centre.
Real time apps for mobile devices
Track the location of your train and bus, view train service updates and estimated bus arrival times with a real time app.
View more information on the Real time apps page.
Transport for NSW Apps for mobile devices
Transport Info App
View more information on the Transport Info App page.
Live Traffic NSW App
This App provides up-to-the minute news of incidents and conditions that affect your road journey in Sydney and Regional NSW.
- For iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices download the Live Traffic NSW App at the App Store
- For Android devices download the Live Traffic NSW App at the Play Store.
You can plan a trip on buses, ferries, trains and light rail with a new trip planning service available on Google Maps.
- Go to Google Maps
- Click on "Get Directions" on the upper left
- Click on the public transport icon (looks like a bus)
Mobile websitesTransport Info mobile site
- Plan your public transport trip, view next services from your
stop, station, wharf or suburb on the Transport
Info mobile website at mobile.131500.com.au
View more information about using the Transport Info mobile website
Live Traffic NSW mobile site
- View traffic info, cameras and travel time on the Live Traffic NSW mobile website at m.livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au
- Trains twitter.com/131500trains
- Buses twitter.com/131500buses
- Ferries twitter.com/131500ferries
- Sydney traffic twitter.com/LiveTrafficSyd
- Regional NSW traffic twitter.com/LiveTrafficNSW
View more information about Twitter
TXTBUS service (Real time bus arrivals)
If you don't have a smarphone, you can SMS your bus stop number to 0488 TXT BUS (0488 898 287) for up-to-the-minute information about when the next Sydney Buses service will arrive at your stop.
View more information about using TXT BUS service
Note: SMS cost applies for each text message sent.
Transport Info 131500
For public transport trip plans, timetable, trackwork or incident update information you can call the Transport info line.
Phone: 131500 (24 hours, 7 days a week)Traffic information line
Phone: 132701 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
Note: Calls are at the cost of a local call and will attract a higher rate on mobile phones.