If you go to school on a school bus operated by a private bus company, we can show you where to find your private bus operator's school bus timetable.
You can also contact your school directly for school bus timetable information.
The Trip planner includes STA school bus services as well as regular bus, train and ferry services. STA buses includes Sydney Buses and Newcastle Buses.
To plan a trip using STA school buses:
- Select 'Plan Your Trip' from the left navigation.
- Enter your locations in the 'From' and 'To' fields.
- Choose your date of travel from the 'When' drop-down menu. Set the time to arrive before school starts.
- Select 'STA School Bus' from the Transport Mode options.
- If you know your STA school route number, you can search the Timetables:
- Select 'Plan Your Trip' then select 'Timetables'.
- Enter your school route number in the 'Route number' field.
- Tick the 'STA School buses' checkbox.
Choose your date of travel from the 'When' drop-down menu, then select 'Show timetable'.
School bus timetables for private bus operators (PBOs) can be found on their websites.
To find the PBO timetable for your school:
- Select the map for your school area.
Select bus operator link(s) in your region on the map.
View the timetables for getting to and from your school on the PBO's site.
Sydney metropolitan school bus operator map
Find your school's region in the map then use the table below to match the region to your school's bus timetable.
|5||Punchbowl Buses||6||Sydney Buses
|7||Sydney Buses||8||Sydney Buses
|13||Transdev NSW||14||Forest Coaches|
Not all schools have dedicated school bus services. If your school does not appear on the bus operator’s website, use the Trip planner to assist you with regular transport options operating close to your home and school.
Dedicated school bus services may be adjusted by bus operators to better reflect student travel demands. Private bus operators, Sydney Buses and Newcastle Buses will notify schools of any significant service changes. Contact your school for more information.
School travel passes
The School Student Transport Scheme (SSTS) provides subsidised travel for eligible school students on rail, bus and ferry services and long distance coach services.
Transport for NSW manages the scheme; transport operators issue travel passes to students; and schools help verify student eligibility.
Visit Transport for NSW's School Student Transport Scheme for more information on subsidised travel.
Students are expected to be courteous and responsible, and follow the school student's code of conduct when travelling between home and school.
For a more general guide on courteous travel, see the customer courtesy page.
School timetables are maintained by individual bus operators. Feedback should be addressed directly to bus operators during regular business hours.
- School private bus operators
- School student's code of conduct
- School Student Transport Scheme