News - Detail
Route 562, 572 and 575 new routes and timetables from Monday 27 August
Start: 27/08/2012 12:00 AM
From Monday 27 August, new routes and timetables will be introduced in the Turramurra and Pymble areas.
New route 562 (Gordon to Macquarie Park) will provide three weekday return trips and operate via Dunoon Avenue, West Pymble.
- Route 575 will be altered to operate via the Pacific Highway and Ryde Road instead of via South Turramurra and Yanko Road.
- There will be improved service frequency and hours of operation on weekends.
- Weekday services and hours of operation will remain similar to the existing timetable.
- Residents living on the Pacific Highway between Turramurra and Pymble will now have a direct bus to Macquarie Park and Macquarie University.
- New full time route 572 (Turramurra to Macquarie Park via South Turramurra) will replace existing route 575 in the South Turramurra area and will operate via Canoon Road and Barwon Avenue. This will improve access to bus services for residents in the South Turramurra area.
- There will be improved service frequency and hours of operation on weekends, specifically Saturday services will be increased from 60 minutes to 30 minutes during the day.
- Weekday frequencies and hours of operation will remain similar to the existing timetable.
No changes have been made to route 571 (Turramurra to South Turramurra).
There will also be some minor timing and wheelchair accessibility changes to the following routes:
573, 576/576T, 577, 579, 582, 586, 587, 588, 589, 596, 599, 592, 594, 595, 560, 565, 598, 556, 558, 571, 597.