Have a fun day out with your family with the Family Funday Sunday ticket.
For $2.50 per person, your family can enjoy
unlimited travel all day Sunday in the Sydney metropolitan and outer
metropolitan areas, including Newcastle, the Blue Mountains, the
Central Coast, Hunter and Illawarra areas, by train, bus, regular ferry
services on Sydney Ferries and light rail.
Where to buy a Family Funday Sunday ticket
- On a Sunday, you can buy your tickets onboard the bus (except
PrePay bus services), at CityRail stations and ferry ticket
- On any day of the week, for use on Sunday, you can also buy your tickets at TransitShops and ticket outlets (including many newsagencies and convenience stores). Locate your nearest ticket outlet.
- Family Funday Sunday tickets are not sold onboard light rail,
PrePay bus services or train replacement (trackwork) buses. Please
purchase your tickets before you board.
Note: most bus companies and ticket resellers will
issue Pensioner Excursion Tickets to family groups as these have the
same boundaries as Family Funday Sunday tickets.
Family Funday Sunday terms and conditions
- The travelling group must be related by family and include at least one adult and one child aged up to 15 years (or 16-18 with a current NSW Senior Secondary Student Transport Concession card).
- Every family member aged 4 or more must purchase a ticket. Children aged 3 or less travel free.
- All tickets must be validated each time you use a service, using the ticket barrier gates at train stations* and ferry wharves, ticket validation machines on buses or by presenting your ticket to the bus driver or the cashier on board the ferry or light rail.
- Tickets are only available for use on Sundays and are valid until 4am Monday morning.
- Train travel to and from the Sydney domestic and international
airports on the Airport Line requires an additional Gate Pass station
access fee (available for adult and concession).
- Tickets are non-transferable.
Family Funday Sunday tickets cannot be used on:
- Special event buses (except Moore Park Special Event Bus services)
- Charter and tourism services
- Private ferry services including Manly Fast Ferries and Sydney Fast
- CountryLink services and the Monorail.
Who can I travel with?
CityRail | Sydney Buses | Sydney Ferries | Metro Light Rail (excluding Monorail) | Busways | Busabout | Caringbah Bus Service | Forest Coach Lines | Hawkesbury Valley Buses | Hillsbus | Hopkinsons | Interline Bus Services | Maianbar Bundeena Bus Service | Metrobus | Metro-Link Bus Lines | Punchbowl Bus Co. | Veolia Transdev (includes Shorelink) | Westbus | Western Sydney Buses
CityRail | Dion’s Bus Service | Greens Northern Coaches | Premier Illawarra
Blue Mountains / Lithgow / BathurstCityRail | Blue Mountains Bus Company | Lithgow Buslines | Bathurst Buslines
Central Coast / Newcastle / HunterCityRail | Newcastle Buses & Ferries | Busways | Coastal Lines | Hunter Valley Buses | Port Stephens Coaches | Red Bus | Rover Coaches
Note: Seats on CityRail coach services
between Lithgow and Bathurst are subject to availability. If you wish
to travel between Lithgow and Bathurst, you need to buy your tickets
and then book seats via staff at a CityRail ticket office or by calling
13 22 32. You do not need to book seats on CityRail coach services
between Wollongong and Bundanoon.