Taronga Zoo contains the largest group of native and exotic animals in NSW and is ideally located on the shores of Sydney Harbour.
The zoo is a scenic 12 minute ferry trip from Sydney city. Getting there and back by ferry is one of the best things about a day at the zoo, and with a Zoo Pass you save time and money on the cost of transport and zoo entry.
A Zoo Pass combines admission to Taronga Zoo with a return ferry ticket to Circular Quay. The pass also includes the bus ride up to the zoo's main entrance or a ride on the Sky Safari cable car.
Use the Trip planner to plan your trip.
* 4-15 years of age (under 4 years free)
** Additional child tickets can also be added to a Family Zoo Pass ticket.
*** Two adults and two children from the same immediate family.
A concession Zoo Pass can be purchased individually or added to a total family ticket Zoo Pass price.
Concession Zoo Pass tickets are available if you hold one of the following cards:
- NSW/ACT Student Identification Card
- Apprentice Identification Card
- NSW Half Fare Entitlement Card (with CityRail foil)
- Australian Traineeship System Trainee ID Card
- Australian Pensioners Concession Card
- Australian Seniors Card
- NSW or Victorian War Widow/er Pension Card.
If your concession card is not listed above it may still be eligible for zoo entry. Check the Taronga Zoo's eligible concession cards page for all valid cards.
If you find your card is accepted then you may wish to purchase a return MyFerry1 ticket at Circular Quay and use your valid card for admission at the zoo's entrance.
Where to buy Zoo Pass tickets
- Zoo Pass tickets can be purchased at Circular Quay from Sydney Ferries ticket offices. You then take the ferry from Wharf 2 direct to Taronga Zoo wharf.
- For more information on the Zoo Pass, including family pass
options, please ask at the Circular Quay information office, next to
Zoo Pass terms and conditions
- Tickets can only be purchased on the day of use and are valid on the day of issue only.
- Zoo Pass tickets cannot be used with other Taronga Zoo discount
vouchers, offers or tours. If you have a discount voucher you should
purchase a return MyFerry1 ticket and use your voucher to purchase
admission at the zoo's entrance.